Thinking about writing a book?
You’re not alone. According to New York Times writer, Joseph Epstein, 81% of people believe they have a book in them. At first glance, the book-writing process seems straightforward. You have an idea, you write a book, you publish it. Bada bing, bada boom.
Sounds fairly simple, right? Wrong.
We’re in a whole new world, folks. When I published my first book, the publishing industry was already undergoing a seismic shift. Ten years later, it’s nearly unrecognizable. Successfully publishing a book in modern times requires far more than a strong idea, a great agent, and the right publishing partner.
There were many times towards the end of writing Everything is Figureoutable that I thought to myself, “Why didn’t anyone tell me this before I began crafting my manuscript? Why is this not common knowledge amongst writers?”
Amidst my frustration, I made a list of lessons I was learning in the process. As the great Maya Angelou said, “When you learn, teach, when you get, give.”
So on today’s MarieTV you’ll learn three crucial book writing tips I wish I’d known earlier.
It’s delivered by the one and only Jersey Marie. WARNING: If you offend yourself with spicy language, skip this episode. Or, if you plan on watching in an office or around children, wear your headphones.
- The shocking truth about researching anything (especially quotes!) online.
- When to put your ego on the shelf and listen to your editor.
- A crucial promotional strategy for how books really get sold these days.
- An exclusive, limited-time Everything is Figureoutable FREE GIFT you need to get today.
Grab a pen and paper because you’ll want to write these tips down.
Check out this episode on The Marie Forleo Podcast
And now, I’d love to hear from you. Today’s question has two parts:
- Have you pre-ordered Everything is Figureoutable? If so, where did you order it? Let me know in the comments below. At the end of the week, I’ll pick one person from the comments and send you a personalized, advanced signed copy! (You can then give your pre-ordered copy to a VERY lucky friend 🙂 )
- Do you want to write a book? What’s stopping you from putting pen to paper? Have you already written one? What do you wish you knew before?
Share as much detail as you can. Hundreds of thousands of souls come here for insight and inspiration. Your story may be just what someone else needs to have a major breakthrough.
Important: please share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. Links to other posts, videos, etc. may be removed.
Thank you so much for reading, watching, and sharing your perspective.
**Remember — the bonus coaching program is only available to people who preorder Everything is Figureoutable before September 10th. If you’re on the fence, take my free class, 3 Invisible Barriers Standing Between You & Your Biggest Dreams. It will give you a taste of what’s to come.
Know anyone writing a book? Share this episode and let Jersey Marie save them from tears, frustration, and heartache.
With SO much love ❤️,